Thursday, September 27, 2007

Guess it's official...

Latest issue of Kerrang:
"Nine Inch Nails to disband
Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has revealed that the band's current line-up are set to go their separate ways now their current tour is over.
"You are getting the last show of the current incarnation of the band," says Reznor. "At this point, I want to switch things around a bit. I see other ways I can present Nine Inch Nails' material in concert. Something more challenging, something new. I don't want it to go stale.
"Nine Inch Nails' current touring line-up - Reznor, drummer Josh Freese, guitarist Aaron North, bassist Jeordie White and keyboardist Alessandro Cortini - played their last show together in Honolulu on September 18.
"The idea of five guys playing loud music two hours, while it's the culmination of fine tuning over a lot of years, has got to change," he says. "I want to whittle things down."Nine Inch Nails' forthcoming album Year Zero Remixed will be released later this year, although no firm release date has been set."

You probably have seen this, it's been posted around the net. I didn't really know if it was official or just a rumor.
So, what do you think brought this on? Conflict? Tired of one another? TR tired of being around the partiers?
Honestly, I am a little sad about this. I liked the lineup. Not my favorite, but I have special place in my heart for ally, josh, jeordie, and aaron. :P
I know he has something up his sleeve... another band? Solo? Guest
appearances? TV? Year Zero movie?
Trent is a man of many talents. Who knows what he'll throw at us next.

2 comments:

Bagheera said...

*Cries* I really did get attached to this lineup as well...... I personally think that all the guys are super-talented and probably have their own projects going on. Plus, we all know Trent is a music pioneer who never wants his art to become stagnant. I'm VERY curious to see whether he pursues the Year Zero movie project.

Anonymous said...

Nope nope....he is going to pursue me! :D :P